Sports Practices & Matches
The sports practices are held weekly at lunchtime and after school. Various sports matches are played after school and on Saturdays. For further details please refer to the weekly 'Sports Activity Sheet', which is posted on the Website on 'The Noticeboard' every week.
Sports teams are run for all year groups in the following sports:
- Netball- girls – spring term
- Badminton – spring and autumn terms
- Hockey - girls –autumn term
- Football - autumn term
- Rugby - boys - spring term
- Swimming - spring and autumn terms
- Cross Country - spring and autumn terms
- Rounders - girls – summer term
- Tennis - summer term
- Athletics - summer term
- Cricket -boys - summer term
- Golf - Pupils who play out of school are entered in Lancashire Schools Golf events - summer term
The teams are selected from the pupils attending practices for each sport, which are open to everyone. Every effort is made to ensure that all pupils can attend all the different sports practices and matches for their year group.
All the sports squad members are encouraged to join clubs outside of school to improve their standards further and to achieve their full potential.
Other co-curricular activities include:
- Running and power–walking club (one lunchtime per week, all abilities welcome, non-competitive)
- Water-polo club (one lunchtime per week)
- Improvers swimming session (one lunchtime per week, for pupils who have not yet achieved the 25 metre swim award or wish to practise for their swimming awards. After school sessions are held periodically until 5pm)
- Girls football club (after school every Friday)